Cannabis sativa, also known as hemp, is a plant species in the Cannabinaceae family. Cannabis contains the chemical compound THC (delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol), which is thought to be responsible for the majority of the psychoactive effects of cannabis that result in the “high” that is felt when it is consumed. However, not all cannabis constituents are psychoactive.
Marijuana is the dried leaves and flowers (buds) of the cannabis plant that can be smoked (via a pipe or bong, hand-rolled into a joint, or consumed in an edible form) (for example, cookies, brownies, and gummies). Hashish is a resinous secretion of the plant that can be smoked or eaten. The weed delivery services Ottawa aids the delivery of Cannabis to the doorsteps of users. The fiber of the cannabis plant is cultivated as industrial hemp, which is used in the textile industry. Cannabinoids are compounds that have a structure similar to THC.
What Are The Effects Of Cannabis?
The effects of cannabis (marijuana) vary depending on the dose, method of administration, prior experience, any concurrent drug use, personal expectations, mood state, and the social environment in which the drug is used.
Cannabis (marijuana) has the following effects:
- A state of altered consciousness the user may experience a “high,” feeling very happy, euphoric, relaxed, sociable, and uninhibited.
- Perceptions of time and space are distorted. The user may become more sensitive to their surroundings, as well as have a more vivid sense of taste, sight, smell, and hearing.
- Increased pulse and heart rate, bloodshot eyes, dilated pupils, and frequently an increase in appetite (“the munchies”).
- Impaired coordination and concentration, making tasks like driving a car or operating machinery difficult and dangerous.
- Anxiety, panic, self-consciousness, and paranoid thoughts are examples of negative experiences.
People who use a lot of cannabis may become sedated or disoriented, and they may experience toxic psychosis, which means they don’t know who they are, where they are, or what time it is. High doses can also cause mood swings, fragmented thoughts, paranoia, panic attacks, hallucinations, and feelings of unreality. The weed delivery Ottawa aids the easy buying of cannabis; Products found in cannabis dispensaries in states that have legalized recreational marijuana use contain varying concentrations of THC, cannabidiol (CBD), or hybrid products.
While cannabis (marijuana) remains a federal DEA Schedule 1 controlled substance, research has led to the development and marketing of synthetic prescription cannabinoid products.
- Marinol (dronabinol) is used to treat nausea and vomiting caused by cancer-treating chemotherapeutic agents, as well as to stimulate appetite in AIDS patients.
- Cesamet (nabilone) is used to treat nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapeutic agents used in cancer treatment.